POC General Health & Safety Responsibility
The POC maintains a library of safety information including copies of all safety records and documentation as described in the IIPP. Documents including crew health & safety acknowledgment forms, training records, incident reports, inspection reports, engineering surveys, environmental reports, etc., should be maintained by the POC and uploaded into the appropriate Prodicle folder. The POC should also notify the appropriate parties as necessary when these documents are uploaded to Prodicle.
Become thoroughly familiar with the Production’s Safety Program
- Ensure that Production Management’s commitment to health & safety and expectation of a safe production is effectively communicated to all crew & cast.
- Receive, read, and implement the Safety Program.
- Attend a preproduction safety meeting with all department heads (HODs) and key production personnel conducted by Production Management.
- Become completely familiar with the Production Safety Manual and ensure that a physical or electronic copy is at all production worksites at all times.
- Ensure that the safety responsibilities detailed in the following documents are distributed to appropriate crew members:
- General Safety Guidelines for Production
- Producer / UPM / Director Safety Responsibilities
- 1st Assistant Director / AD Department Safety Responsibilities
- General HOD Safety Responsibilities
- Supplemental HOD Safety Responsibilities
- Location Manager Safety Responsibilities
- Supervising Medic Safety Responsibilities
- Ensure that the all medical record keeping requirements are completed as required
Call Sheet Production Safety Phone Numbers
- Ensure that the production safety department phone numbers and the safety hotline number appear on all call sheets.
Ensure the documentation of all safety program activities
- On a weekly basis, make sure that copies of the following have been uploaded to Prodicle:
- All new Health & Safety Policy, IIPP Orientation and Safety Guidelines Acknowledgement Forms (Form 1).
- All other safety program forms (Please see IIPP Required Forms and Handouts for safety program documents and description).
- Location documents (e.g. safety inspection certificates, permits, engineering & environmental surveys, etc.).
- All safety meetings held throughout the day are noted on the production report, including key HOD and new arrival meetings, stunt and special effects meetings, etc.
- All other document related to health & safety, environmental or security.
- In the event of an incident, ensure that the Incident reports and all other pertinent forms have been completed and uploaded to Prodicle.