1. Follow all practices in Code of Safe Practice #5 Power Tools.
2. Always wear appropriate PPE (safety eyewear, hearing protection, etc.).
3. Ensure all guards are in place prior to using power tools. Never wedge guards open or remove guards.
4. Check your working materials carefully before proceeding. Make sure there are no nails, bolts or flaws before you cut materials with the router.
5. Keep your hands and all body parts out of the path of the router bit.
6. Never adjust the depth of the cut while the router motor is running.
7. Ensure that all router bits are sharp and in good condition.
8. Ensure that the cord is free and will not hang up during router operation.
9. Maintain a firm grip on the router when starting the motor to resist the starting torque.
10. Stay alert and keep the router bit free of all foreign objects while the motor is running.
11. Ensure that the motor has completely stopped prior to setting the machine down.