1. Follow all practices in Code of Safe Practice #5 Power Tools.
2. Operate jackhammers only if you are trained and authorized to do so.
3. Always wear appropriate PPE. A hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, safety shoes / foot guards, safety glasses and a full face shield are required when operating a jackhammer.
4. Before use, check the site for potential underground hazards including electrical conduits, waterlines, gas lines, etc.
5. Check all bits to see that they are sharp and in good working shape in according with the manufacturer's recommendations.
6. Always disconnect the electric power or air supply before inserting or removing bits, tools and / or attachments.
7. Be sure all tools, bits and attachments are properly locked into the unit before operating.
8. Keep all bystanders out of the work area.
9. Help to prevent back injuries by using your leg muscles when lifting the machine into operating position.
10. Allow the tool to do the work by using a grip light enough to maintain control.
11. If stopping work for a short period of time or for the day, unplug the electricity or stop the air compressor.