1. Follow all practices in Code of Safe Practice #5 Power Tools.
2. Always wear appropriate PPE (safety eyewear, hearing protection, etc.).
3. Ensure all guards are in place prior to using power tools. Never wedge guards open or remove guards.
4. Remove all nails, screws, etc., from the workpiece before beginning work.
5. Always use caution when handling blades.
6. Ensure that the blades installation bolts are securely tightened before operation.
7. Do not perform joining or planing on materials shorter that 10 inches.
8. Ensure that the blade is not in contact with the workpiece when the power is turned on and wait for the blades to reach maximum speed before commencing work.
9. Never make a joining or planing cut deeper than ⅛inch.
10. Ensure that the workpiece is firmly secured before commencing work.
11. Hold the planer with both hands.
12. For joining, use hold down blocks on material under 3 inches in thickness.
13. When removing stuck chips from the chip chute, disconnect the power and utilize a stick to to dislodge the chips. Do not use your fingers to dislodge stuck chips.
14. Keep hands and fingers away from the blades.
15. Empty the chip bag as needed.