- All cooking equipment must be in good working order.
- The caterer shall provide one fully charged fire extinguisher with a current service tag for each cooking appliance.
- Use of open flames (i.e. Sterno and/or gas stove) requires a permit from the local fire authority.
- The use of electrical cooking equipment does not generally require a permit. The local fire authority should be contacted to determine the specific requirements in the local jurisdiction.
- All cooking equipment must be located at least 5 feet (1.5 m) away from any combustibles (sets, walls, etc.) and at least 10 feet (3.1 m) from any exit. The equipment shall not block means of egress out of the building.
- The use of flammable compressed gas cylinders (propane, butane, etc.) on stage or the use of the stage natural gas outlets is not allowed without prior approval of the local fire authority.
- All cooking equipment must be located at least 5 feet (1.5 m) away from any building, and at least 10 feet (3.1 m) from any exit.
- Cooking equipment is not permitted within the fire lane unless approved by facility representatives and the local fire authority.