The Safety Program Director shall be responsible for the overall administration of the Confined Space Program and to ensure all aspects of the program are implemented by the Production when necessary.
Identification and evaluation of confined spaces controlled by the Production is also the responsibility of the Safety Program Director. The Production Safety Consultant can assist in the identification and evaluation when needed.
Supervisory / Management
Department managers, supervisors, keys and foreman are responsible for:
- Ensuring that all employees involved in confined space work are trained and comply with the procedures of this program.
- Providing, utilizing and maintaining equipment required to work safely in and to ventilate a confined space.
- Ensuring that required safety procedures, including inspections, appropriate testing of the confined space and completing of necessary documentation, are performed at all times during a confined space operation by an employee who is qualified and trained in confined space operations.
- Ensuring that all employees working in the area are aware of confined space operations and that appropriate measures are taken to prevent inadvertent or unplanned entries.
- Ensuring that their vendors, contractors and other outside service groups are aware of the hazards associated with confined spaces where required.
- Ensuring all employees comply with the provisions of this program.
Employees who work in confined spaces are responsible for complying with all requirements of this confined space program including adherence to all department procedures, precautionary measures, using required personal protective and atmospheric monitoring equipment.