What is Google Meet?
With Google Hangouts Meet, you can hold impromptu video meetings on the go, production meetings, casting sessions, remote interviews, and much more. You can host a Hangouts Meet video meeting for up to 50 people at a time, with no time limit. Google Meet can also be used to communicate across the domain with Netflix staff. It works seamlessly with your Chromebox for Meeting (CFM) & Google Calendar. For more details the G Suite learning center can be accessed here.
Minimum System Requirements for Google Meet can be found here. If these requirements cannot be met for one reason or another please reach out to Prodicle support and the support staff will help address the technical deficiency. Check out the video below for a quick overview.
Using Google Meet with your Web Browser
Accessing the Google Meet
Join from a Calendar event
- See your scheduled meetings in Google Calendar and quickly join a video meeting.
- In Calendar, click the event you want to join.
- Click Join Hangouts Meet and in the window that opens, click Join Meeting.
Join from Meet
In Meet, you can select a scheduled event or you can enter a meeting code.
Select a scheduled event:
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the meeting from your list of scheduled events.
- Click Join meeting.
Tip: Participants who join after the fifth person are automatically muted.
Enter a meeting code:
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Use a meeting code.
The meeting code is the string of letters at the end of the meeting link. You don't have to enter the hyphens.
- Enter the meeting code and click Continue.
- Click Join meeting.
Tip: If you have a CFM for meetings, you can also type this code into that device.
Join with a meeting link URL
Sometimes there isn’t enough time to schedule a meeting and book a room. With Hangouts Meet, you can join an impromptu video meeting by clicking the meeting link URL sent to you in a text or email.
- Click the meeting link sent to you in a chat message or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join the meeting.
Join from a Google meeting room
Select a meeting from the list of scheduled events using your Google meeting room hardware remote.
- If the Calendar event was created using Meet, you see the Meet video meetings experience screen.
- If the event was created using classic Hangouts, you see the Hangouts screen instead.
Inviting Guests to your Meeting
There are two ways to invite guests to your meeting.
- If the meeting was created via your Prodicle Calendar, you can invite guests directly to the Prodicle Calendar event. Click “Guests” and invite them using their emails.
- If a meeting was created using the “+ Start a new meeting” option, copy that meeting information located on the bottom left of the Google Meet screen under “Meeting Details.” Select “Copy Joining Info,” and paste this information into an email or message to the guest(s).
Presenting your screen to your Meeting
Want to discuss a file or present to a group over a video meeting? You can share your screen to present documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more.
Present your screen: Desktop
- Open Meet and join a video meeting.
- Click Present and choose what to share and select Share. You will choose between sharing a window and your entire screen.
When you have finished presenting, click Stop sharing, or at the bottom corner, click You Are Presenting > Cancel your presentation.
(Optional) To take over presenting from someone else, at the bottom corner, select the presenting controls and select Present Instead.
Present your screen: Mobile App
- Tap the “...” icon in the Google Meet Application after joining meeting
- Select Present Screen Option
- Select Start Broadcast option.
- Additionally, you can toggle the Microphone on and off by tapping the Microphone icon.
When you have finished broadcasting your screen, tap the Stop Presenting button in the Google Meet application. A pop-up window will appear please tap OK to end broadcasting.
Using Google Meet with Prodicle Calendar
It’s easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link can be added to a calendar event either by adding one or more guests to the event, or by clicking on “Add conferencing.” After you save the event, a meeting link and dial-in number are added to the event.
Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
Schedule a video meeting in Calendar
- Go to your Prodicle Google Calendar and create an event.
- On the Guests tab, go to Add guests to invite guests from inside or outside your organization.
- Click SAVE
- Click Send to notify guests. Guests will receive an email with the event information and a link to the video call.