P | DISTRIBUTION is a watermarking and distribution solution directly integrated into PRODICLE. It accesses the contents of your Google DRIVE and displays your production folders with any pdf(s) or doc(s) stored inside. It incorporates groups you’ve created in CONTACTS and conveniently lists them as distribution options. Files can be visually watermarked with either a recipient's email, display name or custom text of your choosing.
P | DISTRIBUTION should be used to send sensitive documents related to your production. Only pdfs and docs you have edit access to can be distributed in P | DISTRIBUTION. All scripts or any confidential material MUST be watermarked.
In this guide, we will cover the features and functions in P | DISTRIBUTION.
Launching P | DISTRIBUTION
P | DISTRIBUTION application is accessible via three options:
- Direct URL access: https://distribution.prodicle.com
- From the Prodicle Passport page: Click on the “P | DISTRIBUTION” icon
- As connect Google Drive App: This feature is available after opening P | DISTRIBUTION for the first time using above options.
* Note: From the Google Drive, select a file and right click to access ‘Open with’ option.
4. This is how the P |Distribution homepage looks.
Searching For a File and Adding to Cart
A global searching field is available on top of the file browse page allowing the user to search for files in Google Drive.
With the type ahead search result display, a file can be added to the cart by clicking on ‘Add to Cart’ button displayed next to each file.
Uploading Files and Selecting Files
- Upload the file directly to Google Drive for distribution directly from P | DISTRIBUTION by clicking ‘Upload File’ button from the top of the file list.
2. On the main screen, click the box to the left of the pdf or doc you wish to distribute. Select "ADD TO CART" to place files in the distro queue.
*Note: Microsoft office docx files will need to be saved as Google docs or pdfs before the file can be watermarked.
3. Once you have selected your files, click the space to the right of the screen. This will expand your shopping cart area.
4. You can place additional files in the cart by clicking back on the main screen. If you make a mistake, you can delete your selections from the queue or clear the cart entirely.
5. Once you have finalized your decision, click "Distribute" to continue.
Creating a Template
From the P | DISTRIBUTION home page, navigate to the Templates tab.
This will take you to a Templates page that shows all of your saved templates. This is also the page from which you can create a New Template.
After clicking the New Template button, you will be presented with a blank email window.
In this window, you can add the following information to be used later when applying this specific template:
- Template Name -- What do you want to call this template for when you look to apply it later?
- Subject -- What is the canned subject line you would like as a place starter for your email template?
- Custom Text -- What is the canned body of the email you would like as a place starter for your email template?
** NOTE: for the pieces of information that might change from day to day or from iteration to iteration, consider using underscores "_________" or dashes "------" to quickly remind yourself of the areas that need to be updated before sending out the distribution. **
When you click save on this template creation window, you will now notice the template saved under the Templates tab with the name you previously designated. This template will now be accessible to be applied to any subsequent distribution email. (See next section to learn exactly how to do this.)
Applying a Template
When composing the email to send out a distribution, you will now notice a Templates dropdown.
Clicking on this dropdown will reveal your saved templates. In this instance, there's a template saved as "CALL SHEET TEMPLATE."
By clicking on "CALL SHEET TEMPLATE" you will apply the saved template to this distribution.
From here, you can tweak any of the information that needs to be changed before continuing through the distribution flow. From here, you can proceed normally as you would with any other distribution.
Watermarked & Unwatermarked Files
1. The file(s) added to the distribution cart can be sent with or without watermark. This option can be selected by checking the checkbox next to the file list in the cart.
2. After you've written your email/message, click "NEXT STEP".
Adding Recipients/Distro Groups/Labels
Select individual recipients, distro groups or labels by clicking in the "SEARCH CONTACTS and GOOGLE GROUPS" box. Recipients or contact labels you've created in your Prodicle contacts and any Google label you belong to will appear. If you need to make changes to your contacts select "MANAGE CONTACTS" and you will be redirected the Contacts site. If a recently added contact does not appear immediately click “REFRESH CONTACTS”.
1. You can add both individuals, labels and groups 'To' field.
*If your Google Labels or contacts do not appear after clicking “REFRESH CONTACTS”, refresh the entire page in your browser.
2. Additionally, P | DISTRIBUTION allows you to edit your contact groups on the fly. To do so, select the group/label you wish to edit. To delete a recipient, click the "x" next to the name.
1. Via Link
This option distributes access to your documents as a Google Drive link in the body of an email. Benefits of this option include offering password protection, the ability to disable downloading/printing and, most importantly, the ability to cut off access to your distributed files at a moments notice. Also, there are no file size restrictions.
The Prodicle team considers this to be the most secure and responsible method of distributing sensitive material.
*In order to send a file via link you MUST have either ownership or edit rights to the file. If you only have read/view rights, the file WILL NOT process.
When receiving a file via link a recipient can click on that link to view the document. Additionally they have the ability to "ORGANIZE IN DRIVE", "PRINT", and "DOWNLOAD".
2. Via Email Attachment
This option sends your documents as a standard email attachment to recipients. Total file size is limited to 10MB.
Since this option does not use Google drive links, sending as an attachment is less secure. The recipient will gain ownership of the file when saving to their drive as well as the ability to edit. Unlike sending via link there are no audit records available and those who access the file can't be tracked.
3. Printable PDF
This option is used for distributing hard copies of documents. (Think "table read".) P | DISTRIBUTION can create (1) pdf that combines all files and recipients or print them separately. PDF's are saved to your Prodicle "MY DRIVE" under the folder "PRODICLE DISTRIBUTION". Folders are marked by date and time stamp.
Documents can be watermarked using the recipients email address, full name, or a custom text. There is also an optional header watermark. For the watermark, you will be able to change the opacity and size from 75%, 50% and 25%.
You can also send a test email, which will be sent to your Prodicle inbox.
*Only single watermark is available at this time.
Permission Settings When Sending via Link
There are three settings you can choose for the documents,
1. Password protect
2. Disable downloading and printing. (The recipient will only be able to view the file. They can't edit or download).
3. Control the number of views
You can also put an expiration date on the document in the pull down menu to 1 week, 1 month or 1 year.
Permission Settings when Printable PDF is Selected
The PDF setting allows you to combine all the documents into one PDF or you can send them out as individual PDFs.
Once you hit send, you'll be directed to the 'Jobs' page.
On this page, you'll be able to see jobs in progress on the left column and past jobs in the right column.
In the 'Past' column, there will be a list of jobs previously sent where you can identify which jobs completed properly and which ones had errors.
If there are errors, click on the triangle icon on the right side of that job and it will expand for more details. You can copy the Job ID number and email it to Tech-Ops for more info.
Once a process is completed on the "JOBS" page you will receive an email confirming distribution. It lists the number of files, recipients, and any errors that occurred. Clicking "GO TO PRODICLE DISTRIBUTION" will redirect you back to the "JOBS" page.
1. When preparing to distribute, you can navigate back and forth between Email/Message, Contacts, and Distro Options by clicking on their respective icons.