Zipless Delivery of DI Assets
Legal and Illegal Characters for folders and filenames
- Legal characters: [ a-z ], [ A-Z ], [ 0-9 ], [ . ], [ _ ], [ - ]
- ILLEGAL: spaces or any other symbols/characters
Deliverables can now be loaded to Content Hub zipless either direct to request or via workspaces to request.
The limit on the number of files in a single upload is 250,000. The file count exceeds 250,000, you will need to split the files up and upload in batches. It is best to split by directories rather than splitting by files within a folder whenever possible. Uploads will be batched into chunks of 25K files in Aspera. Therefore a batch of 100k files show up as 4 separate uploads in the Aspera transfer window.
DI assets should contain the checksum.txt file. The checksum.txt file should be placed in the same folder along with the image sequence files.
Below are the steps to generate the checksum file using npack.
- Change directory to the folder containing the image sequence
- Run command
npack checksum -s .
- The above command will generate the checksum.txt file. Depending on the number of files and the size of the files, the command could take several hours to complete.
- stranger_things2_s02ep201/nam_hdr/3840x2160/File sequence.######.tiff
- Bright/reel_01/dcdm_sdr_xyz/3840x2160/File sequence.######.tiff
- Upload the asset folder containing the checksum.txt and the image sequence onto the request bucket:
Content Hub User Profile Required:
Production Admin / Production Uploader / Fulfillment Vendor (Requests Only)
In this video we look at a standard delivery workflow and highlight the various areas of responsibility during the process. We also go over how to initiate an upload into Content Hub.