Production assets must be prepared by a Digital Imaging Technician / Digital Media Technician / Dailies Lab according the below specifications.
Minimum Required Folder Structure
Please note the bolded folders are required. However a specific order or depth of the folder structure is not required.
- "Show Title"
- YYYYMMDD (Shoot Date)
- Camera Media
* Camera roll folders (e.g A001C001) copied into the Camera Media folder must be an exact representation of the camera card contents and contain valid checksums.
- Sound Media
* Sound roll folders (e.g S001) copied into the Sound Media folder must be an exact representation of the sound card contents and contain valid checksums.
Optional Added Folder Structure
- Shoot Day### <optional>
- Season## <optional>
- Episode### <optional>
- Shot Metadata <optional, if available>
- Looks or Grades (CDL, BLG, etc.)
- Viewing Transforms (LUT, CTL, etc.)
- Shot Lists (ALE, AAF, etc.)
- Proxy and Mezzanine media <optional, if available>
- Editorial proxies (Avid, Premiere Pro, etc.)
- Streaming review proxies (PIX, etc.)
- Intermediate/Mezzanine files (DPX, MOV, etc.)
Sample Folder and File Structure
The below snapshot is an example of acceptable camera and sound media folder structure:
Legal characters: [ a-z ], [ A-Z ], [ 0-9 ], [ . ], [ _ ], [ - ]
(ILLEGAL: spaces or any other symbols/characters)
- Updated minimum requirements to folder structure to be more flexible for production processes.